Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

On Christmas morning Brad and I woke up and started making breakfast. We had strata, scones with clotted cream and jam, and mango-passion fruit juice. After breakfast/brunch we began the laborious task of opening presents!!! Brad got me a really cool watch that tracks your activity levels throughout the day as well as your workouts. I got him some awesome t-shirts from this independent shop here. The Robins got scarves, chocolates, and travel cards. The Robins got me sweatpants and my Dad and Shelly sent me my Christmas PJ's. Extra credit goes to the Shamshoian family for shipping their presents in time! They were a special surprise... Thank you guys so much for getting that together!
The Robins with their scarves.
Brad in one of his new T-shirts. This one is my favorite... I think he'll look cool walking around SLO in it.
After presents we relaxed for a while. Then we took a 2 hour walk to Hyde Park and back. There were squirrels everywhere and this little guy lined up for the perfect portrait!
This is the Prince Albert Memorial in Hyde Park. Queen Victoria had it made for her husband after he passed away... think she loved him? The coffees in their hands were a necessity as it was freezing cold in the park that day.
This is the Serpentine! We only stopped here for a second because we were all getting cold and hungry.
As we walked back the nonexistent sun set and the twinkling lights of London were able to shine. These lights are outside the Natural History Museum. You can't see it but there is an ice skating rink down below.
When we got back to the house Brad and I started cooking (actually, Robyn had to take my place for a little while so that I could talk to my mom, brother, and Margaret Ann). I'm not a domestic goddess yet, but it was fun to be in the kitchen with Brad on Christmas!
We sat down for dinner under the Christmas cards that Brad and I received at work (Thanks everyone!) We had chicken, stuffing, marbled mashed potatoes (sweet and white potatoes mixed), rosemary french bread, and salad.

We had a great day. It is so good to have family here! We are learning that life is meaningless without community and there is no better community than family!

1 comment:

The Zaballos Family said...

i love the new "london experiment" pic. your hair looks so great. anyhow, hi! merry christmas happy new year! i loved your posts, i kept laughing and scott would say, "what" so then i'd read it aloud to him and by the end i was just reading the whole thing. looks like you guys had a lot of fun! so much to report, but pray for jobs cause i really want to be here when you're here too. so bad. i always think of all the fun things the four of us could/will do! i think you will like mt. biking. ughh, i miss you guys. email soon? lets try. xoxo