Friday, December 19, 2008

Cinderella

A couple of weeks ago I convinced Brad to come see Cinderella with me. As I eagerly waited in the lobby I noticed that most of my fellow patrons were little girls between the ages of 4 and 10 wearing their best Cinderella dresses and slippers (some even had crowns!).
Much to my dismay (and surely that of the adorable pre-teens) my enchanted evening was not to be. By intermission it was clear that my light hearted tale had been taken over by the Brothers Grimm! Fun to watch but not quite the charming fairy tale I'd hoped for!
This was the view from our seats. Close enough to see all the gory theatrics: heels getting cut off and eyeballs getting pecked out!

1 comment:

Era said...

brad you are a good man for giving up a night to be with that lovely and beautiful wife of yours and see the play.
sara you should have taking a crown from a little girl and put it on your head. the scene looks like it belongs in the movie the nightmare before christmas.