Monday, January 5, 2009

Westminster, Harrods, and A Bit of Masala!

We took this picture in the elevator at my flat before we went out... figured it was the only time our hair would not be crazy and wind blown!
We set out for Parliament Square and Westminster Abbey. Big Ben never ceases to amaze me... my mom however was underwhelmed. I had to force these pictures on her.
We spent most of the day on a guided tour of Westminster Abbey. Our guide was a bit like Mr. Bean but he was very informative. We now consider ourselves experts but I'll direct any questions to my mom as she retains historical facts better than I do!
After Westminster we went to Harrods Food Halls. They are truly a sight to be seen. Picture Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory... now take out the chocolate theme. It is a surreal experience, a sort of food carnival!
Here's my mom showing her excitement in the Chocolate Gallery!
We knew that it had been cold all day and this headline proved it! We saw it as we left Harrods... confirmation at last... I knew it had been unusually cold and this proved it!
After a short break at home we went for London's specialty... Indian Food at the Masala Zone.

No comments: